[clue-tech] HTTP method specifications

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Nov 25 15:38:02 MST 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:15:27 -0500
Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> What kind of script do you have that's handling the submission?

PHP

> Does it
> know how to handle mime-encapsulated data?  More likely, whoever is
> doing it is just submitting the post variables as definied in your HTML
> page.

It's pretty clear that they're not submitting the form variables. I'm
trying to figure out what is they *are* doing.

I don't really have any desire to handle mime-encapsulated data. I just
want to see the raw POST data. I'm guessing it's MIME. But I don't
actually know.

Regarding checking the referer value, a similar thing is to check the
value for your submit button. A lot of bots don't set that one either. ;)

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E