[clue-tech] predicting 'at' files

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Oct 5 15:43:46 MDT 2005

Jason S. Friedman wrote:
> This is Fedora Core 2.
>
> I have a user with an upcoming 'at' job:
> $ atq
> 28      2005-10-17 03:38 a matchingmoms
[...]
> I've looked in the contents of a0001c011f407a and saw
> nothing that would indicate when the job is scheduled.

Looking at atd.c in the source:

"The queue is coded into the first byte of the job filename, the date
(in minutes since Eon) as a hex number in the following eight bytes,
followed by a dot and a serial number."

That doesn't quite match.  But if I put in 2 jobs for the same time I see:

a00001011f0364
a00002011f0364

So we have a=queue, 00001=job#, 011f0364=time.  These jobs are for 0100
on 6 Oct 05 and a rough calculation makes 11f0364 to be minutes since
the epoch.

But you don't need to know any of that--at figures it out for you.