[clue-tech] CentOS

William wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com
Thu Oct 27 11:17:44 MDT 2005

mike havlicek wrote:

>So where does Fedora come into play?
>
>-Mike

First, Fedora replaced RedHat's consumer desktop OS when RedHat began to
focus on a server-centric OS line, RHEL.  Second, in my circle anyway,
we think of Fedora as RedHat's test platform.  All the newest bells and
whistles go into Fedora long before they become available in RHEL.  This
gives everyone (RedHat and Linux users as well as testers) a chance to
break the newest ideas and software.  When the code can be deemed
stable, reliable, and server-grade, it finds its way (slowly) into RHEL.