OT: Re: [clue-tech] Katrina's technology: Skype or Gizmo Project?

mike mikeb at wispertel.net
Sat Sep 17 11:53:38 MDT 2005

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Kevin Cullis wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thought this might be of interest to others. Most of you are aware of
> > Skype (http://www.skype.com/)
>
> A note from a smart guy about Skype, though not exactly on-topic:
>
> http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.04.html#subj6
>
> Dave
Yes, this guy is on the right track.  When Ebay or any other company buys Open
Source technology what happens to it? Does it die?  Or will grow and flourish?
Who knows... only time will tell with Skype.... One question I have which
license is Skype currently under? I read there  license agreement and it is
strange  EULA.

-mike