[clue-tech] missing gnome menu items

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Thu Sep 8 08:50:08 MDT 2005

mike havlicek wrote:

>Are the menus not configurable? Surely through the
>lifetime of your system not every user wants the same
>apps available thru the pulldowns. Sorry not to be of
>much help, but was the reinstall of the same vanilla
>flavor as before?

It was a net install, so the packages are a different version.
Otherwise, it was the same CD I used before.  As far as configuring the
menus, I only partially understand how gnome's menu system works.  I did
fiddle around with it before, but never figured out how to do
user-specific menus.  But that was on Fedora.  Supposedly on Debian I
should be able to configure stuff it /etc/menus and then run
update-menus, but I don't have my old etc on hand... but maybe that's
what I will do.  I don't think it's a good thing to have to do though.