[clue-tech] Help with 2 hard drives on same IDE

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Mon Sep 19 14:03:34 MDT 2005

Adam bultman wrote:

>Jim Ockers wrote:
>

>>Hi Angelo,
>>

>>If you are sure there is a Windows installation there then you can
>>make a boot floppy that will boot Windows NT/2000.  Google for it
>>and you'll see it's not hard, provided you have a Windows install
>>CD or diskette around.  :)
>>

>>No, most motherboards have dual-channel (i.e., Qty 2) IDE interfaces,
>>each of which can have an IDE master and IDE slave device.
>>
>>Good luck,
>>JimO
>>

>I have a windows 98 or so boot floppy image you can use.. Just dd it to
>a floppy and it should work. Let me know, and I can put it up somewhere
>for you.

Thanks guys.  One thing about my system is that the floppy drive seems
to have gone out a couple years back, and I just never really needed it
for anything.  I can get to a command prompt using the windows 2000
install CD though -- all the files seem to be there, and in tact,
including the NTLDR file which it says is missing.

I'll let you know if I need and can use a boot image.

Angelo