[clue-tech] Help with 2 hard drives on same IDE

Adam bultman adamb at glaven.org
Thu Sep 22 22:30:20 MDT 2005

Collins Richey wrote:

>I can't help much with the harddrive errors, but back to one of your
>original questions. I doubt that the problem has anything to do with
>having 2 drives on the same IDE interface. I've had that configuration
>(HDA-B as harddrives, HDC as CD-Writer on almost every system since I
>started with Linux, and I've yet to see a harddrive error.

At the risk of being overly sarcastic, I have a rock I've been keeping
with me, and since I've had it, I haven't seen mauled by a bear.

Putting them both together doesn't mean you won't have errors, it just
means that you have been lucky enough not to have errors.  I would
consider this a freak occurence, this not once having errors.