[clue-tech] I'm blind, or why is this PHP fwrite() failing?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Sep 25 21:03:29 MDT 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:01:01 -0600
Collins Richey wrote:

> FWIW, I get the same results on PHP5. Google is absolutely worthless
> for this problem. One actual hit (no answer) and 30+ pages of websites
> with a screenfull of this error.

Yeah, I noticed that effect. Really odd there's no mention of it on the
php.net page for that function, if it's a known bug.

> Is this maybe an Apache setup error?

I can't think of why it would be. It's hard to imagine a situation where a
file can be openned for append, and then not be writable. You'd think the
open would fail.

Nothing jumps out at me from the PHP changelog either. I'm at
php-4.3.11-2.6. Yum shows -2.7 as an available update. Guess I'll try
that.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E