[clue-tech] I'm blind, or why is this PHP fwrite() failing?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Sep 26 17:34:48 MDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:37:50 -0600
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> The correct way is:
>
>  > $ptologfile = fopen('/tmp/contactlog.txt', 'a') or die ("Can't open
>  > logfile");
>
> because or is lower precedence than =.

Yeah, but it's also the case that || isn't a logical or, where you'd
expect short-circuiting logic to apply. It's a bitwise or, so regardless
of the boolean status of $ptologfile, || will cause the die to execute, so
it's status can be or'd with $ptologfile. Or something close to that. I
have to go re-read the operators page. Obviously.

Thanks,
jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E