[clue-tech] seeking information for colocating a tower in a low cost datacenter

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Sep 29 16:13:08 MDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 03:09:28PM -0700, Ryan Grow wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Thanks for the reference to dyndns. I will check that
> out. It looks like we will move it to another home
> that usually has somebody around to reboot the cable
> modem if it needs it ( maybe once every several weeks
> based on my experience ). At its current location, it
> can be unattended for several days at a time.
>
> Ryan

You might see if you can find it a home where DSL is the broadband drug
of choice... I haven't rebooted my Cisco 678 any more often than...
well, if the power goes out long enough for the rather large UPS to
die... it gets rebooted.  Otherwise, I can't remember it ever being
rebooted in the last four or five years.  (Maybe a flash update once...)

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>