[clue-tech] Fun perl script

Bamm Visscher bamm.visscher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 12:15:54 MDT 2006

You're looking at a redirector, so you'd need to pull the web page in
question (wget), modify it to meet your needs (s/foo/bar/g) and then
serve up the new page from with your HTTP server.

Try something like the following for modifying any page with a .html suffix:

        elsif ($_ =~ /(.*\.html)/i) {
                $url = $1;
                $infile = "/var/www/html/mangled_pages/$pid-$count.tmp.html"
                $outfile = "/var/www/html/mangled_pages/$pid-$count.html"
                system("/usr/bin/wget", "-q", "-O","$infile", "$url");
                open (INFILE, "$infile");
                open (OUTFILE, "> $outfile");
                while (<INFILE>) {
                          chomp;
                          $out = $_;
                          # Make your subs here.
                          $out =~ s/foo/bar/g;
                          print OUTFILE "$out\n";
                }
                close(INFILE);
                unlink($infile);
                close(OUFILE);
                print "http://127.0.0.1/mangled_files/$pid-$count.html\n";

On 8/3/06, Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> wrote:
> Well, since I wasn't able to use squid to search and replace words on an
> html document as it's being served, I had to settle for the image
> flipping.  It worked quite well, here's one example of a company wide
> message that got sent out this morning:
>
> Hi -
> Has anyone else logged into the website today?
> There is something weird about it...
> Amy

> You gotta love mass confusion :)
>
> William wrote:
> > Mike Staver wrote:
> >> That's, that's what I was looking for.  I'll see what kind of havoc I
> >> can cause today.
> > Please share the fun stories that are sure to come out of this!  :)

> --
>
>                                  -Mike Staver
>                                   staver at fimble.com
>                                   mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com