[clue-tech] Installfest in 3 weeks.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 09:31:31 MDT 2006

On 8/6/06, T. Joseph Carter <tjcarter at bluecherry.net> wrote:

> SuSE and Mandriva seem to have
> largely taken a back seat for the time being.

Don't know about SuSE, but the Mandrivel derivatives are defintely out
(my $.02). While rebuilding my system the past few days (WinXP got
trashed, and I need that from time to time), I decided to give a
Mandriva and a PCLinuxOS (earlier Mandrake derivative) a spin. In this
day and age of really slick LiveCDs and gui installers, both of these
failed the sanity test. Both of them brought up my system in a mode
that rendered the installer useless (giant 800x600 or less with most
of the choice boxes off the screen and not even scrollable. Text mode
maybe, but both of these are complete trash from my viewpoint. For
$DEITY's sake, even my two year old Knoppix can do better that this!

--
Collins Richey