[clue-tech] Sharing Home directory with different distributions

Michael Fierro biffster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 13:51:21 MDT 2006

On 8/6/06, Jed S. Baer <thag at frii.com> wrote:

> > I am thinking of installing (at least) a couple of distributions on my
> > laptop and sharing my home directory (on its own partition) between
> > them. Is there anything that I should be aware of or watch out for when
> > I do this?
>
> RC files. Other "preferences" files, particularly Gnome and KDE. Version
> incompatibility could very well cause trouble.

Or, at the very least, some super-strange behavior. As long as you
make sure that the versions of all the apps/environments you run are
the same in the various distributions, then you may still be okay.

Though I personally still wouldn't risk it. :)

Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
---
"I know this music. Let's change the beat."
- Zorg, "The Fifth Element"