[clue-tech] Installfest in 3 weeks.

T. Joseph Carter tjcarter at bluecherry.net
Mon Aug 7 01:57:20 MDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 10:57:44AM -0600, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> > A second side note: the Ubuntu amd64 variant works reliably (that's
> > what I'm running for the most part), but there's not a clean solution
> > for getting all the plugins to work under Firefox. The win32codecs are
> > 32-bit only, for example. The Debian folks recommend a chroot setup
> > for Firefox as a bandaid, but I haven't toyed with that yet.
>
> Ubuntu and Debian doesn't have a biarch version that has both 32 and
> 64-bit libraries?  That would solve the plugins problem.

The way Debian chose to do this doesn't make it really easy to mix 32 and
64 bit stuff.  Ubuntu followed suit.  There really isn't a 100% solution
for mixing 32 and 64 bit code, so you really need sets of libraries and
whatnot for both, no matter how you install them.  It's a conspiracy to
sell you more RAM.  ;)