[clue-tech] Asterisk @ Home 2.8 with FreePBX Upgrade

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Tue Aug 15 13:00:58 MDT 2006

>> My VoIP provider requires a seperate SIP trunk for each DID I
>> have.  I wish they didn't, but they do.  So, what happens is that if I
>> have 5 extensions, each one that registers "locks onto" a SIP trunk, so
>> for outgoing calls, only that extension can use it. Incoming still work
>> fine and will take any incoming trunk open.  Currently, the solution is
>> to have a trunk for each extension - but then whey you try to make a
>> conference call, you get a message about all circuits being busy for the
>> second number being called, even though all other trunks are not being
>> used at the moment.
>
> Mike,
>
> ... almost certainly in your /etc/asterisk/sip.conf ...
>
> have you looked at the console while dialing / trying to conference?
>
> I am downtown if you need me to look at your dialplan - but tomorrow,
> not today.

I have looked at the console - my problem is that I don't know what to
make of everything - I see that it says congestion is happening, but I
don't know why it is.

Yeah, that would be great if you could look at it for me.  Just email me
off list whenever you have time, I'm pretty flexible tomorrow. Thanks.

--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com
                                  mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com