[clue-tech] Gentoo for installfest.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Aug 16 19:38:00 MDT 2006

Dave Price wrote:
> On 8/15/06, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Folks on the Gentoo lists with a lot of years experience maintain that
>> the Gentoo CDs are not really that great yet.
[...]
> Yes - the stage3 / portage method worked much better for me than off
> the CD - just glad I have a fast wire.

I think you're giving up too easily.  Supposedly the live CD has
everything you need to install and you would think that includes stage 3
and portage.

Well, there's a portage, and a bunch of stuff under usr/livecd.  But I
don't know how to recognize a package (GRP or otherwise).  And I don't
see any stage files (I'm sure something on there counts for that).

I guess I can bring the CD image but I won't worry about the netboot
part.  Oh well.