[clue-tech] Playing this type of flash on Linux

Ski Dawg skidawg at skidawg.org
Sat Aug 26 23:11:28 MDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 20:27 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to play this type of file on Linux?
>
> http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=271e08d72e2f7e861ae1305f56bdc16b.571411

At this time, I believe it is impossible to play this file on Linux.
Adobe (formerly Macromedia) has only released Flash player up to version
7 for Linux.

They are working on releasing Flash player 9 for Linux in the future,
but as of yet, it is still in development.

I saw a blog from one of the developers of Flash 9, saying that they
have a working early version, but it has not been released yet. I tried
looking for the link, but I couldn't find it right now.
--
Doug

Random Thought:
Actually, typing random strings in the Finder does the equivalent of
filename completion.
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands: file
completion vs. the Mac Finder.)