[clue-tech] sendfile(2) doesn't work with unionfs.

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Mon Dec 4 14:33:49 MST 2006

Hi Dave,

> I've managed to get the repository built correctly, it seems, but the
> installer complains about not being able to get the udebs it needs.
> Originally I set it up with links to make a repository out of the 5 CD
> images I have.  Since I'd played with unionfs in my FC attempts I'm
> using that now.  And Apache doesn't like unionfs.

OK I hadn't heard of unionfs before so I looked at this:

http://www.am-utils.org/docs/unionfs-tos/unionfs.html

(I almost asked you to write a brief note for the list about what it
was but luckily google is very effective.)  Unionfs is very cool.  Can
you think of some good reason why unionfs doesn't support sendfile()?
Or have they just not gotten around to implementing it, do you suppose?

Also are you using unionfs just to get your distribution installed or
are you using it for something more interesting, like ....?

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)