[clue-tech] VMServer 1.0 Host/Guest Internet problems

Eric Beale ebeale at releaseteam.com
Fri Dec 15 15:37:58 MST 2006

David,

On my WinXP vm, the TCP/IP Properties does not allow for "Obtain an IP
address automatically" or "Obtain DNS server address automatically"
settings. Both are grayed out. I am logged onto the WinXP as the Admin,
with full rights.

The "type of dial-up server I am calling" is set to "SLIP: Unix
Connection", which seems to force entering IP/DNS addresses. I choose
the "PPP: Windows..." option, the option to "Obtain automatically" is
enabled. If I go that route, the "PPP" setting, the "verifying user and
password" pop up appears, hangs for a bit, then I get an Error 721 and
the ethernet card is Disconnected.

Eric