[clue-tech] Need Help Installing MN-510 USB Wireless Network Adapter

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 22:56:08 MST 2006

Finally got it working. 12 hours is a long time to get a wireless adapter up and running.  Rather than search for how-tos for my specific adapter I searched for those with the same chipset and managed to find one.

It turns out ifup/ifdown does more than just ifconfig alone.  Also the Networking GUI is sorely lacking in configuration settings.  I had to set everything in the /etc/network/interfaces file.  Good news though I found out during my research that in Fiesty Fawn they are planning on overhauling the networking---a lofty goal being zeroconf networking.  We'll see how far they get.