[clue-tech] How do I simulate mouse click w/keyboard shortcut?

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 03:54:52 MST 2006

Xfce allows you to create additional custom menus but only one (usually the default one) responds to a shortcut assigned to xfce4-popup-menu.  Is there a way to create a macro that moves the cursor to a screen coordinate followed by a simulated mouse click, and then assign that macro to a keyboard shortcut?  This way I can fake it.

Also is there a dock-like taskbar for Linux?  I don't want a dock for launching apps but one for keeping track of ones currently running.  If it can override the standard alt-tab and rise to the top when switching apps, even better.  I tried skippy and it was ok but it's no expose.

Brian