[clue-tech] The Great GPL v3 Debate Thread

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Wed Feb 1 09:18:20 MST 2006

David L. Anselmi wrote:

> So he seems to be straying from "the commons should be free" to "you
> can't use the commons to be mean to people".  And that isn't the
> purview of the GPL IMO.  (Granted of course that I may completely
> misunderstand what the FSF is trying to do.)

Yes, exactly.  I was going to say something along the same lines, but
then I kept thinking of all those other licenses that people use for
OS.  I guess I feel a little betrayed because what I thought the GPL (or
GPL creator) was getting at, turns out to be wrong.  And all this time,
the GPL is the most famous OS license, I'm wondering how many people are
going to be alienated about this.