[clue-tech] missing debian menu

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Feb 7 13:47:17 MST 2006

Nate Duehr wrote:

> Angelo Bertolli wrote:
>
>> I just installed Debian testing on a laptop, sort of piecewise.
>> After installing gnome I noticed that my debian menu isn't there
>> anymore.  Was the debian menu deprecated/removed?  It's a shame
>> because it still seems like there are packages that don't put links
>> into the traditional gnome tree.  (e.g. lbreakout2)
>>
>> Angelo
>

> I'll have to go look at the laptop, but I believe the older style
> "Debian menu" is now a sub-menu of something else.  It's still there,
> probably under "Applications"?

I'll check when I get back home.  I did want to mention that I also did
run update-menus as both root and my user, which didn't seem to change
anything.

By the way, I've always wished they'd just add links to the regular
gnome menu rather than making an entirely different menu tree that
contains everything.  I'm sure there's some logical reasoning behind this.

Angelo