[clue-tech] New territory

Adam bultman adamb at glaven.org
Wed Feb 8 10:28:43 MST 2006

Angelo:

How large is your network?  How many machines do you take care of?

I manage four linux firewalls at the moment, and it's a nightmare. I'd
gladly swap them out for ciscos or watchguards or anything that is
easier to manage and less prone to errors.   Perhaps I'm just jaded; I
just have had way too many problems with linux based firewalls (disk
problems, cpu problems, ram problems, scsi card problems, OS
problems...) that hearing about my friends and contemporaries with
appliance-style firewalls that don't crash and have minimal maintenance
makes me salivate.

Adam