[clue-tech] Son's PC and intro to programming

dperkins at frii.com dperkins at frii.com
Wed Feb 15 16:16:23 MST 2006

You can also teach some GUI programming with scripting languages.  If you
teach him tcl (I'm not sure if that is a good first language.), you can
use tk.  If you use Perl, Python or Ruby, you can also use Tk.

There are a few tcl/tk books, a Python/Tk book and a Perl/Tk book.  The
Ruby books give short snippets of RubyTk code, and there are a few very
short tutorials on the Internet, but there is no comprehensive RubyTk
book.  I've been documenting RubyTk, but it's not even close to
completion.  You can probably figure out RubyTk by referring to the
Perl/Tk book.