[clue-tech] [OT] [NT] and slappings... :-)

Fri Feb 24 23:56:17 MST 2006

OK, it's time for me to come clean.  I didn't figure I'd have to explain
this, but I guess I do.

Anyone that's been on this list more than a few weeks ought to know that
I will always help if I can, no matter what with.  That said, I do think
that blatantly OT posts should be restricted to CLUE-talk or another
list with an expressed "anything goes" policy.  At the very least, an OT
post could be identified with the conventional [OT] tag.  Hex's email
was tagged [OT?], so I opened and carefully read it, to figure out for
myself whether it was OT, and found myself annoyed, not at the post, but
at the stupid question mark, given that the post had nothing whatever to
do with Linux, tech or not, so I sent the email that got you
wondering...

I was joking.  Rough and pointed, but not entirely serious.  In process
of my intentionally bent email I answered both Hex's questions.  "How do
I x?"  and "Where can I get more information?"

Hex, if you get really stuck, bring it over.  I'll be happy to help you
with it.  Then I'll slap the c- oh, fine, I'll stop.  In all
seriousness, if it's got a RAID controller, you might run into some
buggers getting either SETUP process to run.  Lasterly, careful with the
NTFS.  Win2k may upgrade you into not being able to see NTFS filesystems
from NT3.51.

David
(720) 333-LANs