[clue-tech] PCI-X RAID Question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Jan 6 15:26:09 MST 2006

I have a question about this adapter:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16816116025

While I see that it's supported under Linux which I need, I'm curious
about the interface itself.  I have an older Dual Athlon MP Tyan
motherboard with 64 bit 33 MHZ PCI slots.  I just bought a newer card
that was 64 bit 133 MHZ PCI-X, and ofcourse it won't fit the slots. This
card will physically fit, but before I buy it and have it shipped, I was
hoping somebody could tell me if it is infact backwards compatible with
33 MHZ PCI-X slots. I'm sure the performance will suck, but having RAID
5 for data backup purposes is more important to me than speed, and I
can't afford a new motherboard/cpu combo for this thing at this point.