[clue-tech] multiple plone sites

Mark Gibson mark at dimensional.com
Sat Jan 7 10:14:51 MST 2006

Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> Mark Gibson wrote:
>
>> Angelo Bertolli wrote:

>> Plone now comes wysiwyg editor called kupu.  I don't know why it
>> wouldn't be working for you.  Have you created a user with management
>> privileges?
>

> No, I couldn't figure out how to do that.  I logged in as the admin of
> Zope and I went around everywhere.  I'm using the prepackaged Zope/Plone
> from Debian.

First go to http://myserver.com:9673/acl_users/manage.  Create a new
user and give it the manager role.  Log out and log back in as that user.

Go to http://myserver.com:9673/ploneId/ ( after logging in to zope ).
Do you see an 'edit' tab?  Do you see a preferences link?  If you click
the 'edit' tab, you should be looking at a wysiwyg editor, and be able
to edit the content of the home page.

>> What do your re-write rules look like?
>

> It looks like the top example, except instead of %{SERVER_NAME} I
> actually put in the domain name, and for example_org I put in the Plone
> Id that I gave when I created it.  I can get to the site fine by using
> http://myserver.com:9673/ploneId/ so I also tried using the Rewrite rule
> just going straight to that, but it wouldn't work either.  Actually, I'm
> sure the problem is my configuration of apache.  Rewrite works fine with
> redirects, but not with proxy.  The 403 error page describes itself as
> Apache.

Send me you virtual host entry, maybe something will pop out.

Mark