[clue-tech] foreign keys in phpmyadmin

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Jan 20 09:47:51 MST 2006

d manion wrote:

> The SQL debate, I think, is a trend that I'm starting to hear as well.
> "PostreSQL is better than MySQL", from what I've heard (with my
> limited knowledge) PostreSQL does sound Kick-ass, but harder to
> configure? To get to my point.
>
> What databases are you guys using?
>
> I've learned a little mySQL, but am curious of what people are using
> on this list.

I had dabbled in MySQL, but we used PostgreSQL at work for our
applications.  MySQL seems to have better support, and is adding the
"missing features" that Postgres has, but I was surprised that something
as basic as foreign keys hasn't been added so late.  Yeah, I do think
Postgres is a little more confusing becuase each database seems to have
its metadata attached to it, whereas seems to keep the metadata for all
of its database in a separate database.  So for example, if I open my
database in MySQL, I see my tables.  If I open my database in Postgres I
see information_schema, pg_catalog, and public (with all of my tables).

Angelo