[clue-tech] Re: foreign keys in phpmyadmin

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:18:40 MST 2006

On 1/25/06, Jack Parker <jack.parker4 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Must have ignored this discussion.  But as a database wonk, I should chime
> in.

I think you've got a typo there - you said "wonk" but I think you
really mean "troll".

There are lots of databases.  They are complex.  Making claims like
"no way to tune performance" based upon limited or no interaction is
not really helpful when researched claims on the engines have already
been made.

I agree with your list of databases worth investigating - but only
depending on the goals of the project.  E.g. why mess with Netezza if
you only need a couple million rows?

Greg