[clue-tech] Seeking recommendations for multi-function printer

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 22:02:51 MDT 2006

On 7/3/06, Chris Hirsch <chris at base2technology.com> wrote:
> bof wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am seeking recommendations for a multifunction laser printer/scanner
> > (with or without fax) that will work under Linux.
> >
> > Anyone have any experiences that they would pass on?
> I fell in love with the HP 4100MFP. It's not a cheap printer and if it
> did color it'd be perfect but you can do scanning to an email address so
> that you don't have to have any drivers installed at all.

I have the Epson CX4200 (Printer-Copier-Scanner), and it works
flawlessly on [K]ubuntu - printer and scanner. It's a little slow, but
I think the faster Epson models are well supported as well and some of
them have fax as well. There is a FOSS utility for checking ink status
and performing alignment, but I just lost a system so I've got to
Google for it again. I keep hearing that Epson color inks are the best
in the industry (this will probably start a flame war!).

--
Collins Richey