[clue-tech] Are colleges dumbing down computer degrees?

Kevin Cullis kevincu at viawest.net
Fri Jul 7 22:48:55 MDT 2006

Hey all,

I had dinner with a long time friend who works at a telecom here in
town stated that the college kids that he is working with, while
smart, all not as prepared as previous years graduates. I.e. most
only know Windows and know very little Mac/Linux from the UNIX
background to do the "heavy" work that they need. Are the rest of you
finding the same thing? Are colleges NOT preparing young computer
users to even think about going down this route?

Your thoughts?

Kevin