[clue-tech] home network mystery

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 18:10:09 MDT 2006

On 7/9/06, Jab <jborer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Collins,
>
> Take a pook at from
> http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/lofiversion/index.php/t38627.html
>
> It mentions doing this.
>
> "This sounds stupid, and it is, but try it anyway: switch the computer
> off, unplug the power cord for a few seconds, plug it back in, power
> on and boot into Linux, and see if your network's working."

Thanks for the info. I'll try that in a few days. Meanwhile, I'm back
at the status quo ante with the card removed and thus running again
from Linux. I wouldn't at all be surprised that Windows can do bad
things for peripherals -(.- using undocumentedf features, etc.

It turns out that Debian/Ubuntu can't seem to make the Ensonic sound
card work anyway. Maybe it's a glitch in the newer kernel/alsa (in
comparison to RH), or the RH kernel/alsa has somespecific patch that
makes things work. I'll do a little more digging to see if I can make
the nforce onboard sound work.

--
Collins Richey