[clue-tech] Cannot even get Linux installed

Michael Fierro biffster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:44:11 MDT 2006

On 7/27/06, Matt Atkins <matthewsatkins at msn.com> wrote:
> The hard drive is formatted.  When put in Disk 1, I get initial menu and I
> can chose install.  After a few seconds, my monitor goes blank and says "Out
> of Range".  I had this problem the first time I isntalled Linux but now I
> can't even start the installation.  I am using a Dell 19" flatscreen
> monitor.

Sounds like your monitor doesn't like the video mode that the SUSE
installer is trying to use. I haven't used the SUSE installer, but
there should be an option on it to customize how it does its install.
Look for a way to either use a different video mode, or to do a
text-based install instead of a graphical install.

Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
---
"I know this music. Let's change the beat."
- Zorg, "The Fifth Element"