[clue-tech] Error installing Suse 10

Matt Atkins matthewsatkins at msn.com
Thu Jul 27 15:18:47 MDT 2006

>From: Matt Gushee <matt at gushee.net>
>To: CLUE tech <clue-tech at cluedenver.org>
>Subject: Re: [clue-tech] Error installing Suse 10
>Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:07:28 -0600

>Well, that's not a very helpful error message, is it? No indication at all
>of the cause of the failure.

Not helpful at all.

>So, what could be wrong? The following possibilities occur to me:
>
>  * A defective installation CD

       This is the first thing I thought of.  I just ignored the error to
see if I could farther along with    the install for now.

>  * Defective hardware

       Could be.

>  * Lack of disk space ... but what do you mean by "built a few years
>back?"

      PC has an 80 GB drive.

>  * You aren't by any chance trying to second-guess the installer, are you?
>E.g. trying to do everything manually without being sure of what you're
>doing? ... well, I did that the first time I installed Linux. It was ...
>interesting.

      I wish I was that brave.  I'm just a lowly windows admin..  I tend to
stay pretty close to my gui roots, unfortunately.

>Matt Gushee

For now, I have ignored the error in hopes that I can continue along with
the install and deal with it later.  I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

Matt Atkins