[clue-tech] Error installing Suse 10

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Thu Jul 27 20:43:47 MDT 2006

Matt Atkins wrote:

>> Yeah, probably your CDs. Can you do a net install?
>
> When you say net, do you mean network or Internet?  If you mean
> Internet, how do I do that??

He probably means Internet. I'm sure there are a few SuSE users lurking
around who can give you an authoritative answer, but basically:

Many Linux distros will set up a minimal system, then as a normal part
of the installation process give you a choice of installing the full
system from one or another type of local media or over a local network
or the Internet. If you're lucky, the installer then automagically
detects the network, finds a server, and starts downloading.

I don't know if SuSE has that option; if it does, it should be fairly
obvious.

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :