[clue-tech] Distro musings

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 18:57:57 MDT 2006

On 7/29/06, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> Matt Gushee wrote:
> > David L. Anselmi wrote:
> [...]
> >> Looks to me like Arch is great for developers or personal use.  From a
> >> sysadmin point of view I'd say that other distros (Debian especially)
> >> add plenty of value.
>
> As a sysadmin I don't want to tinker.  I want the official packages to
> do what I need.  I don't want to keep track of local mods to packages.
> I don't want a "simple design [that] makes it easy to extend and mold
> into whatever kind of system you're building".

I have no problem with tinkering, but I'm not into the raw edge stuff.
After browsing the 64-bit Arch Linux forum, it looks like that won't
be out of the toaster for some time. I'll give it 6 months then look
again. I have no use for a project that won't boot for s***; I've
already got one of those with Ubuntu Efty <grin>

--
Collins Richey