[clue-tech] necessity of external hardware firewall

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Jul 31 17:32:21 MDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Ken MacFerrin <lists at macferrin.com> wrote:
<snip>

> For home use I think spending the money for a dedicated hardware
<snip>

Thanks Ken for the interesting and detailed response.

I realize now that I wasn't terribly clear - I have a router which
includes basic firewalling at home in addition to the software
firewalls on the machines.  I'm not asking for advice about the home
situation.

My question is really about whether it's worth it for a dedicated
server at someone else's facility.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com