[clue-tech] two monitors - the new fad

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 07:50:32 MDT 2006

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 00:06:10 -0600
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> Zonker: The IBM T43's have dual-monitor support... it's great.  Add
> the docking station and a monitor, and their USB keyboard and
> mouse. They even support NumLock turned ON on the big external
> keyboard and OFF on the laptop keyboard in case you cross-over
> between the two accidentally via a recent BIOS update!  I thought
> that was nifty, and haven't seen any other laptop manufacturer's
> doing that trick (yet).

Thanks... doesn't help when I'm on the road, though. :) That's really
when I use the ThinkPad most, writing up stories from conferences and
so forth.

> Someone mentioned some of the software that allows you to share a
> mouse/keyboard with multiple OS's -- but I've forgotten the name.
> Are any of them supporting OSX?

Synergy works with Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. I use it mostly with
Ubuntu, but it should work with OS X if you want. I have an article on
Synergy that's set to publish next Wednesday, I believe.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <xonker at xonker.com>