[clue-tech] Re: two monitors - the new fad

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:33:39 MDT 2006

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

At this point, it seems to be a matter of preference but people who
have dual monitors really like it.  I don't have the same needs as a
programmer or graphic artist as I don't do those tasks day-to-day any
more.  I do a lot of architecture and planning which requires
non-interruptions.  When I was a programmer, I think it would be
definitely useful.

To answer the 'fad' question, I meant it in the context of my company.
 No one had dual monitors until the past few months.  So, while some
uber geeks 'have been doing it for years', this is not my personal
observation.

Anyway, here's one commonly cited 'case study' I found today:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=365312

The author works at MSFT, but this is an ACM article, FWIW.  I haven't
read it yet - maybe it will sway me either way.

Jeff