[clue-tech] Running a laptop 24/7 --- possible problems

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 12:23:30 MDT 2006

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 05:11:59 -0600
bof <bof at pcisys.net> wrote:

> I am wondering what problems this might cause for the laptop. Anyone
> else leaving their laptop on all the time care to share problems that
> they have or can anticipate?

I leave my laptop on pretty much 24x7 unless I'm traveling. Haven't
had one fail yet -- though I do second/third/Nth the overheating issue
-- make sure that the laptop is well-ventilated. I use a laptop riser
so there's plenty of airflow around the laptop and it seems to stay
reasonably cool.

The only other thing I would recommend is a fairly short interval
before shutting the screen off, to preserve the LCD life.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <xonker at gmail.com>