[clue-tech] Gentoo sources question

Hani Duwaik kiawud at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:23:38 MDT 2006

This might be a little late, but I've often noticed that sometimes a patch
or 'required' file may not exist on the popular mirrors.  In those cases, I
just do a Google search for the specific file that emerge is looking for,
download it manually and place it in '/usr/portage/distfiles'.

That is usually sufficient to get me through the emerge.

HTH,

-Hani

On 6/3/06, Adrian Noland <anoland at indigente.net> wrote:

> Collins,
>
> > My memory has failed. How do I find and communicate to portage other
> > mirrors to try for emerge? Or must I wait several days until they get
> > around to propagating the patches to the standard mirrors?
> >
> Add additional mirrors to make.conf (all one line)
>
> GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://cudlug.cudenver.edu/gentoo/
> ftp://cudlug.cudenver.edu/pub/mirrors/distributions/gentoo/
> http://gentoo.mirrors.pair.com/ ftp://gentoo.mirrors.pair.com/"
> SYNC="rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
>
> > --
> > Collins Richey
> >      If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries
> >      of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
> >

> --
> I get blamed for everything I do.

"If, of the many truths, you select only one and follow it blindly, it will
become a falsehood, and you a fanatic."