[clue-tech] Eclipse: What are people using it for

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Jun 10 21:23:35 MDT 2006

Sean LeBlanc wrote:
[...]
> I should actually use a more correct term - although the option in Eclipse
> is called "build automatically" and checked off by default, it really just
> compiles.
>
> For trying to solve the issues you describe, I like continuous integration
> using CruiseControl, Ant, Junit, & DBUnit (if a db is involved), and PMD and
> CheckStyle and FindBugs.

Thanks! It's cool that your group understands how to do that.  Where I
used to work was Java and I left right before they picked up ant.  But
continuous integration wasn't really done back then.  My current system
is a disaster so I won't talk about it.

Anyone know any good papers on how to implement continuous integration?
  We have C, C++, Java, and a sprinkling of many other things so Java
centric doesn't help much.

Anyone use things like Clear Case's build integration stuff (Clear Make
is it?)  The add-on stuff where the version control system can build
(and version) the binaries?  Can anyone articulate why that's so great?
  (I've read the advertising but not understood it.)  There's an Open
Source system called Vesta that seems to do the same.
http://www.vestasys.org/