[clue-tech] Eclipse: What are people using it for

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Mon Jun 12 06:30:46 MDT 2006

On 06-10 21:23, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> [...]
> Thanks! It's cool that your group understands how to do that.  Where I
> used to work was Java and I left right before they picked up ant.  But
> continuous integration wasn't really done back then.  My current system
> is a disaster so I won't talk about it.

The previous group got a new CM at one point, who chose Luntbuild, and it
seems to have similar capabilities and the quality of being Java-centric,
too. He did not set it up to do continuous integration, but instead a
push-button build.  Before he was added, we chose Cruisecontrol, mostly
because there was just 4 developers who needed to try to bring order out of
chaos and I had seen the author of Pragmatic Project Automation give a talk
at DJUG. ;) Cruisecontrol is used throughout the book. We also briefly took
a look at AntHill, but since it seemed to have a commercial version, too, we
avoided it. Now I'm with a different group, so I set up CC again for the
projects I'm on, and I'm trying to find a server to put it on...

> Anyone know any good papers on how to implement continuous integration?
>  We have C, C++, Java, and a sprinkling of many other things so Java
> centric doesn't help much.

CC is definitely Java-centric, but I don't know that it would preclude
building C/C++:

http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CC/UsingCruiseControlWithCplusPlus

Martin Fowler talks about continuous integration here:
http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/continuousIntegration.html

Were you looking for something like that?

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
I'll play with it first and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
(contributed by Chris Johnston)