[clue-tech] Where to buy WRT54GL wireless routers?

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Thu Jun 15 16:51:06 MDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Dave Gray wrote:

> I have a WRT54GL running DD-WRT that I bought from NewEgg, works great.
> <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124190>
>
> Not sure if you can buy them offline, I wasn't able to find any.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to follow-up.  I could not find
any place in Denver that sold them in-store.  So, I bought one from
Amazon.  I already had an account with them, and the prices on
WRT54GLs from reputable dealers didn't vary much from it.

Relatively easy setup, albeit from a Mysterious, Windows-only Setup
Program that ended up updating the Broadcom drivers on my wife's
laptop.

I haven't tried to flash DD-WRT on it yet.

Is there anything you can do with a D-Link DI-624 WAP that periodically
(about every 20 minutes) locks up?  Does it have something interesting
inside it?  I took the case off and it looks pretty incomprehensible to
me.