[clue-tech] Problems with debian kernel 2.6.15 for 686

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sat Mar 4 00:22:32 MST 2006

David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Angelo Bertolli wrote:
>
>> Hey, I used reportbug to submit the bug, but I have no idea of
>> whether they got it or not.  I mean, it's possible (though unlikely)
>> that my machine failed to send it.  How can I find out?  I have no
>> number or anything, and doesn't seem to show up on the bug page.
>

> Look in the mail logs on the machine that ran reportbug.  Probably
> /var/log/exim/mainlog*.
>
> You should see a line with a message id and the Debian bug address and
> later a line with that mesage id that says Completed.

I sent another since I don't think the first one went through.  But now
I wish I hadn't.  I'm starting to suspect that this is a hardware
problem.  I have no idea what it could be though.  It's so strange--I
tried installing Ubuntu to see if it would have the same problem, and it
does.  I've installed Ubuntu on this laptop before, from the same disc,
so I know for sure this isn't right.  It has an older kernel and everything.