[clue-tech] Distro match maker.

Chuck Downing chuckdowning at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 8 13:57:15 MST 2006

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Here's a site that will help you find your one, true, lifetime distro:
>
> http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/index.php
>
> Takes less than 5 minutes and picked a reasonably good list for me
> (sample size of 1) even though I declined to answer any questions that
> would force it towards my preferred distro.
>
> Give it a try.  If it fails miserably I'd be interested to hear your
> experience.  Be fun to run some newbies through and see what they come
> up with.
>
> Dave

Well Dave, I got about 90% through the survey using Firefox on my
production Windows XP box.  The only escape from the tight loop Firefox
was in was to turn off the machine and reboot.  As I have been doing for
about 25 years, that idea is trash-canned.

But, I lied!  I tried the survey from my Linux box, using Firefox.  It
showed me the following:

debian
Mandriva
Suse 10.0
Kubuntu
MEPIS
PCLinuxOS--probably because I said I liked Live CDs

--
Chuck Downing
Leadville, Colorado