[clue-tech] Seeing Linux files on Windows

Kevin Cullis kevincu at viawest.net
Tue Mar 14 18:54:09 MST 2006

So, based on what you, Dave, and David stated, if it's older it's
more probable, but it the file system is newer it more a possibility,
right?

Primarily I'm talking about seeing files on a drive of some sort.
I've taken a look at explore2fs and its looks exactly what I would be
looking for. What are the et al or explore2fs?

> As far as seeing the files...
> Linux can write MSDOS/FAT floppies (gasp)
> ISO 9660 CDROM's are cross-platform by design.
> USB Keychain drives are typically Windows fat32 compatible, and linux
> is happy to write to them.
> On the network SAMBA lets you share your linux folders with windows
> and Macs, and of course, there is always email

I'm aware of this stuff above, but was looking for more of a "quick"
solution of sharing hardware to hardware.

Kevin