[clue-tech] bind9 on Ubuntu 5.10

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu Mar 16 22:14:28 MST 2006

Also, I have seen this problem where I had an error in a named.conf
file, and for whatever reason, I got the permission denied error until I
fixed the named.conf file.  I had added a line which broke the config,
and rather than tell me that - I got the same error you did. This was on
a CentOS 4.2 box and I'm unsure of the bind version, but I would check
and double check that named.conf file and then try it again.

Michael Fierro wrote:
> On 3/14/06, Jason S. Friedman <jason at powerpull.net> wrote:
>> I can't seem to get bind to start:
>>
>> $ /etc/init.d/bind9 start
>
>> none:0: open: /etc/bind/named.conf: permission denied
>> exiting (due to fatal error)
>
> Didja try $ sudo /etc/init.d/bind9 start
>
> --
> Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
> Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
> http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
> ---
> "As long as the prerequisite for that shining Paradise is
> ignorance, bigotry, and hate...I say the Hell with it."
>  --Inherit the Wind (kingubu)

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com
                                  mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com