[clue-tech] gmail question

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Thu May 4 21:03:15 MDT 2006

Collins Richey wrote:
> On 5/4/06, Jeff Cann <jccann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I post to this list, sending from my gmail account, I never seem
>> to get the list email.  I double-checked my mailman setting:
>>
>>    Receive your own posts to the list?
>>
>>    Ordinarily, you will get a copy of every message you post to the
>> list.
>>    If you don't want to receive this copy, set this option to No.
>>
>> Which is set to yes.
>>
>> So, what gives?  Do other gmail users receive their own posts?
>> Normally, I send from my thunderbird client through gmail smtp.  I
>> tried this post from gmail's web interface.
>>
>> I appreciate any suggestions.
>
> I'm not sure I totally understand the question. When I send a mail to
> the list from gmail, it doesn't appear in the Inbox, but if I go to
> the Clue label (I have a filter for this), it shows up immediately
> there. Maybe that's the behavior you're seeing?
Nope.  I don't have a filter for CLUE.  I do download my gmail email via
pop to my thunderbird account.  I don't see the start of this thread -
meaning I never see the email that I should have received from the post.

In fact this email I'm sending now will not be delivered back to me from
the clue-tech list.

Weird.  Maybe I'm just crazy?

Jeff